Purchasing and downloading is not enough when it comes to Antivirus software like McAfee. Installation and activation are equally important. MyComputerAdvisor.com not just guides you in buying the right security tool for your device but also provides the guidelines to install and activate it.
Note: Activating the license earlier than the last few days won’t make you lose the existing days only if you purchase the same product as the previous subscription.
A guide to Download and Install McAfee Product
Follow the steps below to download the product on your device:
- Go to the official home page of McAfee www.mcafee.com/activate.
- Enter your account by filling in login credentials.
- If you don’t have an account, create one first.
- Now, choose the product that you find suitable for your device.
- Download the setup file.
- Now, open the setup file. Most probably, it will be in the ”Downloads” folder.
- Once you open the setup file, find the ”Install” option on the dialog box.
- After the installation, an agreement page will come up.
- Agree to the conditions.
- Restart your device after the installation.
Activation Steps for McAfee
Only a successful installation will run your McAfee software smoothly. Follow the steps to start the activation.
- Enter the URL mcafee.com/activate to open the activation page of McAfee.
- The next page will ask for your code.
- Enter your 25-digits McAfee code and proceed.
- Choose the country and language if you see such an option.
- Now, press the ”Submit”option.
- Your McAfee subscription is now ready to use.
Activation of Product Purchased through Retail Card
If you are buying the product from a retail store near you, then you will receive the retail card containing the key code. Activation is an essential step in the offline mode too.
- Go to the activation page www.mcafee.com/activate.
- The next window will ask for your 25-digit activation code.
- On the next page, enter the other details.
- Your activation is successful. You are now ready to use the product.
Renewal of McAfee Subscription
The steps below will help you in renewing the McAfee subscription:
- Start the process by signing into your account.
- You will see a ”My account” section on the top of the screen.
- The ”All Expired” option will let you check on the expired subscription.
- Another option, ”View Active,” will let you check on the unexpired subscription.
- Select the McAfee product that you would like to renew.
- Click on the ”Renew” option once you choose the product.
- Pay for the renewal to finally complete the renewal process.
If the guideline mentioned above is not clear to you, then feel free to reach out to our customer support assistance team by call or message.